- Wednesday | 26 August, 2015
- +34 93 4776227
La Tomatina is a festival that is held in the Valencian town of Buñol. In which participants throw tomatoes and get involved in this tomato fight purely for fun. It is held on the last Wednesday of August, during the week of festivities of Buñol. La Tomatina de Buñol in 2002 was declared a Festival of International Tourist Interest by the General Secretariat of Tourism.
The unique rules of the festival are:
- The tomatoes have to be squashed before throwing to avoid injuries.
- No other projectiles except tomatoes are allowed.
- Participants have to give way to the truck and Lorries.
- The festival doesn’t allow ripping off T-shirts.
- And have fun!!